View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 02:49 AM   #26
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Unless I'm mistaken the CRC of the file on the device is often going to be different then the CRC of the file in calibre's library. Upon using send to device the file being sent is updated by adding/changing metadata and sometimes a cover to the file prior to sending the file. This means that the CRC of the on device file and the in library file will be different.
You are correct. When a book is sent to the device, various metadata fields are changed. It is practically a certainty that the books will not be bit-wise identical.

Looking at the code, I see that .mobi does not support storing the UUID in the book, or at least that calibre does not store it. That removes the other option, matching by calibre's id.

Bottom line: unless the UUID can be put into the book somewhere, or unless you can use EPUB, there isn't much I can do.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote