View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 01:46 AM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mornington View Post
What I'm proposing is that when that happens (in the scenario I gave earlier) Calibre would take one further step and attempt to match by file CRCs to reconcile those "orphaned" items.
Unless I'm mistaken the CRC of the file on the device is often going to be different then the CRC of the file in calibre's library. Upon using send to device the file being sent is updated by adding/changing metadata and sometimes a cover to the file prior to sending the file. This means that the CRC of the on device file and the in library file will be different.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote