View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #73
zaqxsw
Connoisseur
zaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 - Gen 11
I just saw v4.17 today, but am currently still running 4.16. Glad there is a workaround/fix!

Just another observation. I downloaded three eBooks from my state's digital library today, and due to the discussed problem, I ran them individually though Calibre. Two eBooks came through the "Add Books" portion with the correct cover, and the plugins did their job. When I side loaded them into my Kindle PW, the covers were correct and stayed. They were not stripped.

The third eBook came into Calibre with a simple, not original cover. Not uncommon, maybe 1 in 5 are this way. I edited the Metadata and downloaded a new, correct cover and then polished the book as I've done dozens of times before. I side loaded the polished eBook and the cover was stripped immediately.

So, those books coming in with original covers, kept them. The eBook that I changed the cover on and polished, didn't keep the cover. I did the "copy to Kindle thumbnail" workaround to get it's cover into my Kindle.

I know, very small sample, but I thought it was interesting. Sounds like I need to load 4.17. Thanks!"
zaqxsw is offline   Reply With Quote