View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 01:37 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
After looking more closely at the device identification string, I realize that I misread it before. This isn't good news for you. Because of the space, I read "PR OD_GT-I9000" as the vendor id string. However, on second look, it is clear the "PR OD_" is intended to be the separation marker and "GT-I9000" is the vendor id string. What that means is that if the space is really there, this device cannot be supported. Having a space in PROD_ violates the standard.

If you are willing and able to deal with the hassle, I can give you a driver file that assumes that the space is not in the string. If it works, good, and I will make the change permanent. If it does not, then the device cannot be supported. I am also willing to change the driver and have it appear in the next release, which would be slower to arrive but easier for you (and me, for that matter).

In the meantime, you can use connect to folder to get almost all the benefits that come with a supported device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote