View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #58
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Colored paper and strong cardboard DIY

I made a custom case for my PRS-T1 with three pieces of strong cardboard, colored paper (both CANSON), two strips of gauze to link the 3 pieces (under the paper) for the articulation and some white paper-glue applied with a paintbrush. The bottom has a large opening for connectors, power and reset buttons. A smaller opening on the left side give access to the micro-SD card slot. The reader slide in the cover by the top (closed by folded cardboard).

The cover isn't too heavy (73 grammes or 2.57 ounces). Its dimensions are 117x177x15 mm (4.6x7x0.6 inches).

I need to apply spray plastifier (plasticizer ? not sure, "plastifiant" in French) to protect it against humidity.

I'm not too happy with finishes (glue traces, some measures slightly off), I'll probably try to make a better one with the remaining materials. I'll take some pictures during the assembly just in case someone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS-T1cover open.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	79258   Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS-T1cover back.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	79259  

Last edited by seabee; 11-22-2011 at 06:23 PM.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote