View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:24 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
JSWolf, if I read you correctly (there's a word missing in what you wrote, so I'm not sure I am), you're suggesting that Kepubs sometimes show only part of a line at the bottom and top of the screen, yes? I've never encountered that, except very rarely when someone has botched the coding of superscripted or subscripted numbers in the ebook.
With some combinations of font size, line spacing and font, the descenders of the last line show at the top of the next page, and the ascenders of the first line appear at the bottom of the previous page. Patching the firmware to allow lower line spacing can trigger it. And I've always though that some fonts had their metrics set in a way to cause it. Most times I have seen it, the book had Charis SIL or one of it's derivatives embedded.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote