View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I posted that so others would know what some of the differences between ePub & KePub.

I don't find searching with ePub to be slow. Most books i read don't have graphics that need any sort of zooming. If I do read an eBook that has a map, I'll fix the map to rotate it so it's sideways and fix the code so it displays full screen. If need be, I'll even try to find another higher resolution map if I can if need be. Sometimes, if the map is big enough, I'll cut it in half. I've seen some books do that.
The longer the book, the slower the search. It's practically impossible to search anything within the epub version of The Wheel of Time omnibus (the longest book I have, over 4 million words). So I have to read that on my Kindles or use the kepub version. Of course most books are nowhere near as long. Still, searching within a kepub is much faster.

As to maps, it's easier to grab my tablet and look at the map there. I really don't feel like fixing all the maps in my library one by one. I spend enough time fixing metadata and formatting as it is.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote