View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:28 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No need to preach to the choir , I use epub myself. But still, I think it is more crippled than kepub. Mostly because of image zooming (or lack thereof). I read many fantasy novels with maps, which I can't zoom on my Kobo. Also searching within the book is much slower with epub (again a feature I use often). Of course I could use kepub, but I like the epub layout more.
I posted that so others would know what some of the differences between ePub & KePub.

I don't find searching with ePub to be slow. Most books i read don't have graphics that need any sort of zooming. If I do read an eBook that has a map, I'll fix the map to rotate it so it's sideways and fix the code so it displays full screen. If need be, I'll even try to find another higher resolution map if I can if need be. Sometimes, if the map is big enough, I'll cut it in half. I've seen some books do that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote