View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 06:01 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
RMSDK is not crippled. It's just different. There are good and bad points to both. ePub has better typography. With ePub ou don't have to have a wider line hight to avoid splitting the last/first line the screen. The highlighting is no longer an issue with ePub as that's been fixed. Yes, ePub may turn the page a fraction slower, but it's not too slow. ePub does not zoom images, but if you aren't reading an image heavy eBook or the images are not needing zoomed, then ePub is not a problem.

I go for ePub when I don't need to zoom images because I want the better typography. I suggest trying both and seeing which is preferred,
No need to preach to the choir , I use epub myself. But still, I think it is more crippled than kepub. Mostly because of image zooming (or lack thereof). I read many fantasy novels with maps, which I can't zoom on my Kobo. Also searching within the book is much slower with epub (again a feature I use often). Of course I could use kepub, but I like the epub layout more.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote