View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 05:49 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Because they want people to buy books from their store and not from their competitors? Kepub rendering is faster and you can do things like image zooming. I'd guess they keep the epub rendering somewhat crippled, to encourage people to buy books directly from Kobo. I may be wrong, of course.
RMSDK is not crippled. It's just different. There are good and bad points to both. ePub has better typography. With ePub ou don't have to have a wider line hight to avoid splitting the last/first line the screen. The highlighting is no longer an issue with ePub as that's been fixed. Yes, ePub may turn the page a fraction slower, but it's not too slow. ePub does not zoom images, but if you aren't reading an image heavy eBook or the images are not needing zoomed, then ePub is not a problem.

I go for ePub when I don't need to zoom images because I want the better typography. I suggest trying both and seeing which is preferred,
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote