View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #14
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I know I suggested this theme, and at the time I even suggested I was looking for science fiction nominations (and was duly and wisely corrected ), but I've gone off the idea quite a bit. That may be because some of the books I wanted to nominate are not readily available in e-book form, or that a few turned out to have been nominated before, or that one will draw all the wrong sorts of discussion, or others that have most probably been already read by anyone likely to read this sort of thing. (It's been altogether most frustrating.) It might also be partly due to the fact that I'm reading a Sci-Fi at the moment that I'm really struggling with. (I want to enjoy it, but the author is so making damn hard that I'm considering giving it up, which would make two books in a row and that has never happened to me before.) On top of all that, my VPN service has effectively stopped working with Amazon CA or US, so reliably checking availability there is now effectively impossible for me. ... So, where does that leave me?

Well, after considering and discarding around two dozen possibilities, I've decided on two nominations - either they will be available to you, or they won't, check them before voting. I apologise in advance if you can't get them. One's a classic to sit up against Ralph's nomination of Isaac Asimov's The End of Eternity. But my second nomination stretches this theme to virtual breaking point, suggesting a book that even Catlady might vote for - if she can find it.

So after such a protracted struggle, I think a drum roll is in order before ...
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote