View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 PM   #64
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Am I missing something? Are you saying that Apple is worse than other luxury (or semi-luxury) goods brands?
It is okay to charge extra for low or limited quantity luxury items. Most even have a reason to be more expensive -- inflated prices in luxury cars is mainly due to lower volume production. Now a commodity like a cell phone? The only luxury there is the name. What does Apple do with all the profit? Absolutely nothing, simply leave it rot in a gigantic pile of useless money.
Quote:
Well, yes. I guess that anyone here who owns their stock will consider that a plus. Me, I don't care one way or the other whether they are successful.
I don't own Apple stock. For me there is a red flag going up when gambling on a one-trick-pony. Even the iPhone is not immune to some horrible crash. Sure, that will never happen as long as we use cell phones. But who is to say we will use cell phones 10 or 20 years from now.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote