Thread: Kindle Options
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 10:51 AM   #23
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The ads on Kindles are tacky to me. Their similarly priced competitors can offer ad-free readers, but the largest and most successful doesn't mind screwing over their customers?
It's not that Amazon can't offer ad-free readers as it manifestly does, but I find it rather duplicitous that it resorts to this strategem to keep the "list" price down. If Amazon used as their list price the ad-free price, but said, "Save an additional $15 on models with ads," I wouldn't have a beef. I wish those who reviewed such things would compare ad-free to ad-free prices on models instead of playing Amazon's game for them.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote