View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
Wasn't Adobe scanning a user's computer including Calibre brought up in 2011? I believe the member was told he was wrong. I vaguely remember reading something about it on here.

More than likely he was correct and Adobe has been doing this for years.
Good memory.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145284

Quote:

So what we have here is an inert ebook that exists in my system only in Calibre.

And is being tracked by Adobe Digital Editions.

Why?

charleski (#5 in the other thread) believes that ADE is syncing annotations. the.Mtn.Man (#2) suggests ADE "probably has to make a catalog of what's already on the reader [Kobo] in order to avoid conflicts when transferring new books."

What syncing? ADE crashed the first time I plugged in my Kobo, and has crashed every single time, whether it is running when Kobo is plugged in or I try to boot it when Kobo is already plugged in, and this is also the case when no other ebook app, including Calibre, is running. There is no working relationship whatsoever between ADE and my Kobo.

But I have to use ADE. It has an exclusive role in getting public library ebooks via Overdrive. ADE has an exclusive role in downloading a good number of ebook purchases. I have no choice to have it on my PC. But I won't use it for elibrary management and can't use it with my Kobo for any function. I use the ever-evolving and useful Calibre to run my elibrary.

I ask this forum: Why is ADE poking around in a desktop and tracking all titles in a Calibre library? Not just on my computer: yours. And yours.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote