View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #19
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Did not mean to offend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Also, having a representative of the Astak company posting the "potential" shipment of the self described "most powerful 5 inch" out there is just tasteless.

I know it has left a bad taste in my mouth concerning the Astak devices.
Dear Donnageddon:

I am sorry if you took it wrong. It really is the most powerful 5 inch and by any yardstick it measures up. And, I do not look at a shipment that is going out in 3 working days as "potential"... I feel that it is definite enough! I really have a high degree of confidence in that.

Regarding "powerful"... the processor is 400MHz and the controller is Epson. You may not be aware yet about that story. Before the Epson, 5 years ago, there was no installed base of eBook Readers... so PVI (the panel makers) went around and asked all the controller companies to design a controller and they would not. PVI had to design their own. So, the Epson is really the first controller that is specifically designed for eBook Readers. A controller goes into the memory and finds what you need. The Epson controller is far faster at this. That is most powerful. It was not a boast... it was fact!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote