Thread: Cover Design
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #76
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Holy crap yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
You're welcome.

Quote:
You're my new hero.
It's the mask. (No cape, though.)

Quote:
How did you manage?
Not too difficult. Cut each half from the original picture (BTW, they're not the same size...) and pasted as two new layers each.

The old image became the background -- I filled the cut-out space with black, to mask the mismatched size of the image-halves after I put them back together.

One layer of each half I reversed the image. Then I placed a face over a helmet, and a helmet over a face.

I lowered the opacity to around 20% for each top layer (face or helmet, depending).

Then I made a new layer from visible (so that it had everything merged) and I selected the dividing line plus a pixel or two on each side of it and used the Blur filter to soften the joining.

Then I copied that layer and saved as an image and uploaded it to MR.

All in The Gimp.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote