View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
When I try to convert it, I get a readable mobipocket file but with like 10 line breaks between each paragraph. I opened in Text Wrangler and EVERY single line of the HTML file has it's own font and formatting info. It will take ages to go through line by line and remove them. I tried using find and replace and it wound up removing the line breaks too. Open Office opened it but the HTML it generated was pretty awful too. Would saving it at an RTF help things? And then converting that? I had trouble on the Sony with RTF files displaying tiny and Kovid told me HTM was better for converting in Calibre. It is just such a loooooong book. I would hate to have to go through it line by line.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote