View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #11
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
By the way, several people here have referred to an extra charge of $2 plus VAT. I think the $2 surchage is for wireless delivery and VAT, that is, the VAT is included in the $2. At least, all the books I've seen in the "international" Kindle store are flagged as such.

On another point, not all books are more expensive outside the US. Some examples:
  • The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb: US price $9.99. European price $9.13
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson: US price $9.99. European price: $5.73

On the other hand ...
  • Blindman's Bluff by Faye Kellerman: US price: $9.99. European price: $20.88.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote