View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadThis View Post
Thanks for the reply.

The 'select all" would be while reading a book itself, not selecting a group of books.

Calibre allows for highlighting and scrolling, but it takes a long time to get to the end of a long book. Minutes, in fact. But I can copy the text.

I read business books and PDFs differently from most. I try to dump the text in a text document, then carve out what I want to save, deleting the rest as I go. By the time I'm done I have scraps of notes in the document, and then when I reread, I can get the key points in a minute or two and I'm done.

To do this I need to be able to get all the text out of that book and into a Word doc, etc.

Thanks again.
@Read This - are you saying that Cmd+A does not work on the calibre ebook viewer on a mac - if so then that's surely a bug.

Meanwhile you could convert the book to RTF, and read that in Word.

If you do a search for "copy on select for mac" it may give you some alternatives to do something like what I do with a a gadget called Click.To on Windows

Basically anything I highlight anywhere gets copied to my clipboard (which is extended and filtered by another gadget which you may not need on a Mac), so at the end of reading a text I have a stack of snippets in the clipboard, which I paste en-masse into a new entry in the relevant Evernote notebook - I do any tidy ups there.

My e-reading is similar to yours, politics, business, finance, law, economics etc - I prefer paper when reading for pure pleasure.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote