View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Recommended Quran version?

What with all this talk about burning Qurans, I decided that I'd like to read it for myself. Here are my questions:

1. Is there a translation of the Quran that is considered superior? On Amazon, looks like I have a choice between Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Yahiya Emerick, The Monotheist Group (?), and maybe a couple of others.

2. To get a broad view of major religious viewpoints, what other holy books (besides the Quran and Bible) should I read?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.