View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Thanks for that insight - it looks like I need to find another tree to bark up.
I really hope we can find that tree

And to add a data point for this from me.

Yesterday, I sent 932 from my Win7 laptop to the Glo. Then disconnected and connected several times, sent other books as wel and finally deleted them all. All with no errors. In between that, I had my old Touch connected with not problems as well. But, at the moment, this is running 1.9.17. The USB controller on this laptop is "Intel ICH9".

I then copied the library to an old WinXP laptop. This is from 2005 with a Celeron processor and 512MB of memory. I tried the same basic tests plus deleting and uploading the covers for these books. The USB controller on this laptop is "Intel 82801FB/FBM".

I don't have an AMD machine I can test with. My wife has an AMD laptop, but I'm not allowed to touch that unless something is broken (which will still be my fault). It's running 64bit WIn7, so wouldn't prove anything.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote