View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
vivdev
vivdev began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
custom recipes lost after transfer to new computer

I have transferred library to new computer and everything looks fine, except that none of the custom recipes are there now.

I tried the command to export the recipes from metadata.tb as per URL:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/arc.../t-107126.html

The command I tried:

Code:
calibre-debug -c "from calibre.library import db; db = db(); ans = list(db.get_custom_recipes()); import pprint; pprint.pprint(ans)"
Above command fails saying there is no symbol get_custom_recipes() inside Database.

I printed the symbols on python interpreter and there is no function with recipe in its name. I tried the get_feeds() instead and it returns zero results as below:
Code:
N:\Documents\Own Docs\PC Docs\AppData\CalibreLibrary>"c:\Prog(x86)\Calibre2\cali
bre-debug.exe" -c "from calibre.library import db; db = db(); ans = list(db.get_
feeds()); import pprint; pprint.pprint(ans)"
[]
Finally, I tried opening the metadata.tb file in sqlite browser and can't find any entry in feeds table. The other tables authors, books have lots of rows.

Any way to recover the custom recipes? Even to get the feeds again will be painful as I remember the websites but there was lot of work involved selecting only appropriate feeds and putting them in one book.

Thanks in anticipation!
vivek
vivdev is offline   Reply With Quote