View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I too am a (Debian) Linux user. I find the e-Reader market to be quite Linux unfriendly. I have a Kobo Touch and the "setup" part of it (where you enter your kobo account details) requires that you use the Kobo desktop which requires you have Mac or Windows.

I wish I could find an ereader that didn't require a huge song and dance to set up.

For my audio needs (podcast etc) I simply was able to plug it in (A Sansa Clip) , stick my own mp3 files on and it worked, didn't need to do anything else. JUST out of the box. I took it home, plugged it in, and in seconds I was listening to my own music files and some CBC podcasts. Why can't an e-reader work like that (for ebooks)? I was planning to get a Sony reader but it appears that it, too, requires windows software to just start using it. The "setup" part.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote