View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWGB View Post
I created my profile in this (and several other) forums motivated not so much by my desire to advertise myself or satisfy my ego as by the hope that I will find here a rich marketplace for exchange of ideas among writers and readers.
You're not alone there; a number of other writers, including myself, have done the same. But because of the nature of the forum, most of the discussion has been centered around methods to market our ebooks, and promote ebooks in general.

I've tried a few times in the past to introduce concepts for discussion or debate (most notably related to science or science fiction), but they didn't get too far, or, they got bogged down by a lot of social or political contentiousness and devolved into near or complete flame-wars. But one or two of them worked out... mostly.

(Mind you, plenty of ebook-related discussions have done the same thing around here. This group's just that diverse.)

If your interest is discussing literary concepts, I encourage you to start some discussions in the Writer's Corner or the Lounge. (If you use the Lounge, be sure to stick a "Seriousness" tag on the thread, so it doesn't get mobbed by too much joking around.) If you decide this isn't the best site for your discussions, however, a site like Goodreads, for example, would be better as a general-interest site... or, a site that specializes in your genre of choice.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote