View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Froyo is Android 2.2, the Android version.

For ebooks, web and video, I suggest the Galaxy Tab 10" or the Motorola Xoom. The Motorola Xoom uses most recent Android version, which is Honeycomb, so probably you should put that on the top of your list.

I own a Galaxy Tab 7". It is not my dedicated e-reader device but it can be used as ereader. Too small for films or videos but portable and light.

One thing, you cannot use Netflix on Android, however, I think there is an application or company who provides some kind of "proxy" or middle man service and allows you to watch Netflix for a fee or something, don't remember very well. Wanted to mention that because I don't know if you are a Netflix user or not.

Did you also check iPads? I must confess I'm not an Apple products fan, but the screen is good enough for videos and you can use Kindle and B&N app on it. I actually bought the wifi version to read Magazines and handle my PDFs. The new iPad2 is also coming. You won't get Flash content, but knowing its limitations and features, could be a nice device for you. iPads play Netflix, that was a positive thing to me.

Last edited by jocampo; 02-24-2011 at 05:05 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote