View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #140
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
I really like this reader! But the font formatting seems very erratic. For example, I have it set to Droid Serif, but in the current book I'm reading (the latest Liz Williams, purchased from Smashwords), only the preface is serif and the rest is nonserif - unless I check "embolden font". I have to increase font size to 28 or 30 to make the main body of the book readable, and then the prefatory material font is huge. Furthermore, almost every time I open the book the text is enormous and stretched out horizontally, then it (slowly) reformats and goes back to the small nonserif font. I have other books from Smashwords that are OK.

Line spacing varies wildly from one book to the next, also.

I have a feeling all this may be css related, but I can't find a setting for it to ignore css formatting in the document, like some readers have. Any thoughts?

PS. Oh, and the English hyphenation dictionary...isn't.

Most likely, all described styles are defined in document's internal CSS.
Since cr3.0.42-6, there is and action for turning document styles on/off.
It's available for assignment on key or tap zone.

This will work good if document is in docbook format (uses separate element for different document part types).
Unfortunately, a lot of epubs use simple html, and only div and span with class. E.g. bold and italic use the same span element, but different class. These classes are described inside document's internal .css. Turning internal stylesheet off would turn document nearly into plain text.
But if your books are from the same source and similarly formatted (have the same internal stylesheet), you can append these styles to standard CoolReader's epub.css, and them modify wrong styles.

E.g. I've seend ebook with paragraph style margin-bottom: 6.25em;
This causes very big space between paragraphs.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote