View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
It looks to me like InDesign is outputting UTF-8 Unicode, but your reader/editor doesn't understand UTF-8, so it is treating it as (perhaps) some MS code page. I always have to use a hex-dump to check that, just to be absolutely sure. Mostly I use gedit in Linux, which understands Unicode in most of its variations. -- UTF-8 is required by the epub standard, so it would be good to have an editor which understands UTF-8...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote