View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #357
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
Now I sometimes even finding myself changing my spelling in posts, :: sigh :: Will be interesting to see how the entire world changes the language, which seems destined to become the most-spoken across the board.
I think we'll all end up with a version of English that looks very much like US English. The net is so pervasive that it's almost inevitable - and something like 60% of English speakers on the net are American.

I'll be interested to see what happens when more Indians get online however. There are 232 million English speakers in India - and I assume they're speaking UK English. There's only 251 million US English speakers (according to Wikipedia), so the equation might change as India comes online.

I noticed in a recent site update from Smashwords that India ranks fourth in countries that use Smashwords.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote