Thread: Bookmarks
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsheets View Post
Robertb:

I didn't see any recent threads on this, so here goes. I have one 3" and one 5" reader. My wife and I read quite a lot. I am usually reading 1-3 books at a time. It is frustrating with our readers because with epub and pdf (through no fault of Astak), we are forced to use those file types predominately.

Well, the bookmark feature doesn't work. And what is even more frustrating is that the reader doesn't "remember" where I am in the book, like my mobi files do. I can change books and come back and my reader remembers where I was. This doesn't happen in either my pdf or epub books.

I am asking that these issues be addressed , if it hasn't already. If we are to use our readers , to read, we should be able to bookmark our location.

Thanks
I have noticed with both those formats that "Recently Read" does remember.
The issue is, it remembers the Physical file page number that the first line on the screen belongs to. The next line may have the next page number showing. If you exit the book and come back, you return to the beginning of the physical page (which may be 3 or 4 screen pages).

Can it be made to remember the screen offset count count as well?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote