View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #268
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
My firmware version is 2.10.0 (6180f632e1, 10/21/13), on an early-model Glo. I'm sorry I didn't provide this information last night, but it was about 5:30 AM, and I was exhausted.

I also forgot to mention that I can't seem to turn page numbers in margins off, much like you, icallaci. Weird! It seems these issues are related, even if only that they occur in the same firmware version or something.

Here's another symptom: when I press the center of the screen to get access to menus, the font (Aa) menu is often already active and displayed. I haven't been able to detect whether this correlates with chapter breaks or anything else.

Don't worry about the "marching page numbers", icallaci. This happens because a page is usually a little longer than a screen. Roughly speaking, pages are measured in number of characters. So if a page can hold 1.1 times a screenful of characters at a given font size, then the first page number in the margin should occur after 1.1 screens of text, the second after 2.2 screenfuls of text, the third after 3.3 screenfuls, and so on. This will make it look like the page number is marching down the margin. It's perfectly normal.

The marginal page numbers' appearing and disappearing are not normal, however. As for me, mine seem stuck permanently on.

Hoping the forum gods will comment on these issues, or at least that someone else having them will speak up so we can triangulate.
Aura HD with FW version 2.10.0 (6180f632e1, 10/21/13) - same as yours.

Well, using the Document Default font doesn't stop the font size from changing at almost every chapter break. This is extremely annoying. Are we the only two people experiencing this? I may go back to a previous FW if it continues.

I also have the Aa menu already active when I press the center of the screen.

I understand what the "marching page numbers" are, but why they disappear after they get to the bottom of the page is a mystery.

Anyone else?
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote