View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #26
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Project Gutenberg is supposed to have proofreaders to do the proofing. I'm planning on becoming a proofreader. I did join the site. Just have to figure out how to do it. I want to work on the ORCed copy from the graphic pages so I can correct the errors in the OCRing process. So how do so many errors slip past the proofreaders?
I don't know what's going on with PG's proofers, but perhaps they need a better (or more standardized, perhaps) OCR process in the first place, to minimize errors.

We've discussed this elsewhere on this forum. My personal recommendation has always been to photocopy pages to a larger size, as close to paper size as possible, and OCR from that... the larger the text, the fewer the errors. Without knowing how PG does it, though, I can't make a definitive statement, only suggestions.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote