View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 04:41 AM   #199
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Feature Request.

I've successfully using this tool to split omnibus that are bigger than the maximum Amazon personal documents size. I normally use to split at 50/50 size, but sometimes it is very difficult to accomplish it because the size of the content is not linear. For example, separating the Delphy Complete Works of H.G. Wells by the 50%/50% sections deals in 40/15MB file sizes. Even looking in the Calibre Book Viewer to locate 22K/22K pages does generate two big different sizes books.

My request is if there can be an extra button that will find the nearest 50/50% section in physical size. Once selected that section, user can go up/down to find the novel that separates nearest to the center.

I think this could be not much complex if the tool will measure each section size and if it contains images and add those images to the amount.

Or even more, ask for a number of parts and then select those parts.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote