View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 07:56 AM   #11
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
@maraby, I suggest you return the DXi and save the money towards getting a more modern Reader.

If you want to read PDF, you could get an 8" Kobo Forma and install KOReader or you could get a 10.3" Pocketbook. Both willl do for reading comics/manga/PDF though the Pocketbook will do better because of the larger screen.

You should have asked about installing a newer firmware before buying the DXi. You then would not have spent the money. I do hope you can return it and get your money back.
I've found Kindle DXG this summer for 85 $ only (good condition and battery, magnetic leather cover) and after installing KPV thereon, gifted it to my friend who has gladly been using it outdoors for his pdfs and b/w comics, instead of his smaller eink readers and 10" lcd tablets that he prefers for the indoor pdf reading.

In my case (for outdoors sunny conditions) Kindle DXG is still better choice than Kobo Aura One for A4 pdf documents with a column text width over 16 cm (in landscape mode) and for some b/w comics in portraite or landscape mode.

If I had an expensive and fragile 600 $ 10" eink, I'd still rather take my cheaper and more robust DXG with me for e.g. everyday reading on the beach.

Last edited by Marinolino; 10-03-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote