View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #20021
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I struck a reading lull a few weeks ago and now have five books going, but none that hold my attention.
I do the same. And lately, if the interest doesn't come back, I simply abandon the book. I do record that I started the book, how far I read, and why I've decided not to finish it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I finished Written in my Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon this week. It didn't disappoint, this is still my favourite series. The only disappointment is that the next one won't be out for another three years.
Well, I've got a few to read before I'm ready for Written in My Own Heart's Blood and I've been reading the Lord John series as well. Looks like I need to move this series higher on my TBR list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Just a couple months ago I read Empire Falls by Richard Russo. Great read. And it's always nice to discover an author who has been around for a while because then you've got a catalog of work to read! So I just picked up Straight Man, which is about 15 years old. I'm about half way through and it's another great read. Having his way with the world of academia and doing it brilliantly.
Hmmmm. I had a paperback copy of Empire Falls around for a while and for whatever reason, I just didn't start to read it, so I gave the book to a fellow reader. Maybe I need to revisit this one soon.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote