View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #56
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
In this case I must say that I'm more in agreement with gmw. I think it'd be better to create a discussion thread rather than take it completely off of MobileRead.
If we can come up with a format that's acceptable to the mods, then I'm happy with that. I can see gmw's point that a separate discussion on Google+ is a whole other thing we need to keep up with.

Can we clarify the proposal? I think we're saying the following:

1. This thread continues to handle the admin side of putting the anthology together.
2. We create (just) one separate thread that will handle the comments for all the stories in the review phases.

I'd suggest:

Any text quoted from a story, or reference to a character or plot point, is wrapped in spoiler tags.

Where something looks like it's triggering an abstract discussion about craft or style this is immediately split off into a separate Writers' Corner thread where it can be discussed in detail without reference to the original story.

We also need to check with a mod whether it's acceptable to refer to the stories by their titles or whether we need to use phrases such as "Graham's Fantasy Story".

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote