View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #48
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Oh good! So it does include text along with the image... that's what I was hoping. Otherwise I could just photograph or scan the pages myself.
The value they are offering is taking the time to scan the pages for you. Once you have a good set of scans, doing automated OCR (which is all they will be doing, not manual proofreading) is not difficult or time consuming. You should be able to find a cheap copy of FineReader 7 or later which would do a very good job.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote