View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 07:18 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
That's the ONLY useful complete method to get annotations off the Kobo. The "uglyness" is irrelevant. It used to look pretty, but it still needed Search & Replace.
Well, to me, the ugliness is very rellevent as I'm the one who has to maintain the mess. I regret putting it in the plugin.
Quote:
The few search & replaces needed to format the copy & pasted text are trivial.

Without this, I'd not be using the Kobo at all. I bought it for PDFs, but it's useless for scanned magazines (I've 100s of out of copyright) and larger format books. Only OK for small A5 size manuals.
Which shows how little research you did if that was a prime reason. Ask anyone, are Kobo devices good for PDF? The answer is "Get a tablet.". The answer is the same for Kindles and any of the other sub-8" e-ink devices. The larger e-ink devices, maybe. I don't have the experience with them to comment.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote