View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
ePub to mob-both: links don't work

Last month I uploaded to the ePub section of the MR library Counter-Attack and Other Poems by Siegfried Sassoon which I had tested on my Sony PRS T2 and on my iPad2 with ibooks. In both ereaders it works very well.

Many have of the poems have long lines, and I set it up so that when a line breaks the following text is indented. This cannot be done with old mobi, so I thought I would see if I could convert the book of poems with calibre to see if it will work in azw3/KF8.

I've just converted it, and though the text is indented after a break none of the hyperlinks in the text or in the pop-up menu work. They may take the reader to a different place, but it's the wrong place.
When I converted it with calibre I chose the 'both' option, but left every other choice at defaults except for choosing 'Kindle' as the output option. I tested it on my upgraded Kindle3, and there is an associated han file in the document folder.

I haven't the slightest idea on whether I did anything wrong when converting, or whether there is anything wrong in the original ePub file - though I know that the XHTML is valid and the ePub validates with ePubCheck and FlightCrew.

Can anyone help? I've attached both the ePub and mobi/azw3 versions.

PS I've just converted the ePub with KindleGen. The mobi version created with KindleGen does honour the hyperlinks, even footnotes, and does have the indentations where a line is broken. But it doesn't give access to the pop-up menu - the one in the toc.ncx file. Is this usual for KindleGen conversions? I guess I'd better ask in the mobi forum.

Last edited by AlexBell; 02-15-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: included author's name
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote