View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I now find our 505's sometimes, but not always, charging with non-PC USB chargers. Very strange. This is for two 505's purchased at different times.

Sometimes when I plug them in they 'think' they're connected (USB connection symbol on display) but instead of charging they rapidly discharge! It'll go from almost-charged to fully empty (with alert-exclamation symbol on display) overnight.

I am extra-careful to fully insert the charging port so I am mystified as to our random difficulties. Other times I get a perfect charge from the same charging device! The only consistent behavior, I think, is the red LED on the reader lights up shortly after connecting if it is charging correctly. If it stays off then I always get a discharge instead.

I observed this incorrect charging behavior from three non-PC mini-USB-output chargers. And two 505's. Seems unlikely to be the same thing 'broken' on two 505's. More likely a voltage detection routine that is timed incorrectly on the reader versus several chargers, no? The PC connection is batting 1000, always charges (crosses fingers)!
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote