View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 02:14 AM   #28
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Fictionwise has simply said they've discontinued the Buywise Club. They've said nothing about micropay and I don't think there's any reason to jump to the conclusion that the agency model will necessarily bring an end to micropay. All I've seen on the agency model thus far is that it requires books be sold at a certain price. I would consider micropay less of an actual rebate (since you don't get money back) and more of an offering of store credit for using Fictionwise. It's rewarding loyalty. If that can be exploited under the agency model, then it might actually give Fictionwise a boost--at least until other stores start to implement something similar.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote