View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #14
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Oh Hitch. I feel your pain. I worked on an IT help desk for a few years. I once spent over 90 minutes trying to explain mail merge to someone (she was going to be fired if she didn't do the task - which had been deliberately set for her to fail). I spent that time because she was polite and that I hate bullies. We won.

I am not surprised in the least by your experiences. It's staggering how little people know or even understand.

I've been told that a website I built for someone didn't work. Alarmed I asked what they'd done. The person kept saying the address didn't work. To them "address" meant putting the business name in Google. They couldn't understand that a site that had gone live the previous day wouldn't be searchable in Google yet. They thought google = URL. I'd send them the URL and they'd complain that the "address" didn't work. And this was a daily internet/email user.

And if people think 'the young' are tech savvy, think again. They are almost as bad as the oldies.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote