View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 05:12 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
You're welcome. Believe me, I had NO IDEA just how tech-illiterate the average, normal person is, until I owned this business and had to deal with it every.single.day.

I mean, truly--not ONE DAY of my life goes by without a customer having a tech issue. "Don't know where my downloads go!" "Don't know how to open this ebook!" "Can't open the PDF!" (?????)....and so on.

Hitch
I could understand this in the 80's (besides, downloads were over 2400 Baud modems at best, unless you were a BIG corporate user who had 9.6K). Even the in the 90's. But by the end of that time, there were computers at many schools and the Internet had graduated from AOL, Compuserve and USENET . DSL was a new service that made larger (than a 1.4K floppy) download less tedious.
It is 20 years of DSL being common as Cat Videos, so HOW is it possible these folks don't know the basics?
We are not asking the to do any app Coding .
And many, when they get an error box, don't even try and read it (usually there are a few words that normal folk should understand (Access Denied, Password failed...)
Anp poor Hitch probably has to deal with folk the can't even use the correct words (the Homophone plague)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote