View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #9
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Hate it so much you refuse to use it's actual name?

Ignore me, I'm in one of my weird humor moods. Must be because of the heat in here - the office AC is not working.

I don't have Alexa personally. It's a cool seeming device but it's not something I'd actually use. Unlike most people, I don't use the services it offers for my music, being an 8Tracks subscriber and old fashioned MP3 player lover instead. I have a retro radio setup in my kitchen if I ever want to turn on the music outside my computer room where I usually camp (with surround speakers) anyway, so I don't see any benefit for me personally. I use Roku and not the Firestick so that's not compatible either, and I don't mind old fashion remote controlling.

It's nice that this supports this for users, though, and if I ever actually get into it.
Picture this. Early in the morning or late at night, dark outside, still in the bed, eyes bleary and still shut, muscles stiff, "Alexa what time is it? Alexa what is the weather? Alexa set an alarm for: ,
Alexa Fox News, Alexa CNBC , Market news, bitcoin, Cancel, Alexa play Simple Man.",
and so on.

You never have to move or open your eyes.

I will go into the music, etc., in another post.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote