View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbelson View Post
I use Calibre to sideload epubs onto my Nook Glowlight 3. When finished I use the Windows command to Remove Hardware, then close Calibre before I remove my usb cable. But the Nook doesn't see my books, just those on my B&N account, even when I reboot the Nook. And when I reconnect the Nook via USB and look at the Nook directories I see computer jibberage code (looks like Martian) not my folders or books. This has happened over and over again. I must have formatted my Nook 10 times by now because I can't remove those bad files via Windows. So now I use Calibre as follows -- I highlight the file I want to sideload and then use the right dropdown menu to open the containing folder and manually copy and move the files to my Nook. Annoying and slow. I never had this problem with my Nook Simple Touch. What's going on, anybody know? Thanks
RMB
Try using the Calibre device ejection and see if that cures your problem.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote