View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #71
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I started out with the Sony 505. Really didn't like it, so then I moved up to the Irex 800. I started reading the newspaper on the Irex but it is slow and you have to connect it to a PC to load it every morning. After I got my old HP Touchpad I used that for newspapers and magazines and the Irex for reading books.

Then my Irex developed some screen problems and I got a special price Kindle DX. While the Kindle DX is nice enough (I really couldn't see myself going back to a 5" or 6" screen) it is just too heavy to be comfortable and it doesn't have Wifi, and no touch screen.

So lately I upgraded again --- I had to get a new PC and liked the idea of a PC tablet, so I got the new 13" Sony Vaio Duo which takes care of all my PC and tablet needs. Great for newspapers and magazines. And when Kobe started selling the Aura HD I jumped at the chance of getting a front-lit e-ink reader, finally something bigger than 6" again. Though I still consider the 8" of the Irex to be the perfect e-ink size. Still small and light enough, but with a considerably larger screen area. My guess is that I am set for quite a while now.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote