Thread: SD Micro Card
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
don't bother with a card larger than 4gb - there's no way the limited 'droid system can index and you can navigate such a large number of books - even with workaround folder machinations, etc.

for cryin' out loud, folks, recognize the limitations of this ereader - it's a great device, yes, but it's not a high-speed 'puter with gigabytes of RAM and a decent OS...
And how do you think newbies are supposed to 'recognize' something they have no knowlege of?

You assume that we all have some kind of background that'll 'clue' us in?

Seriously, if any ebook reader says they can handle a 32gig card, (and there's more than one that claims that) then they darn well should be able to handle the amount of books 32gigs can hold. If not, then they should downsize people's expectations by advertising the limit as 4gig or give a limit to the total number loaded. Both I can live with, and use to compare devices in a realistic manner.

I expect to get the performance advertised that I paid for. I shouldn't have to be a programmer to figure it out.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote