View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat8864 View Post
I've tried two different Kobo's - the latest Aura One and the latest H20. Both lagged severely to the point I couldn't scroll through the book list. The press-and-hold menu on an individual book would take ~10 seconds to popup. Reading was fine I just couldn't get to the books to open them.
I'm not going to make any claims about the Kobo devices being fast, but I've never seen 10 seconds for the long press menu. Checking my Aura ONE just now, and it is probably just over a second. Similarly, opening the library list and scrolling through it works fine. This is with about 4000 books on the device. There was a firmware release recently that had significant performance problems, but, the problems were not in the areas you saw and you would have been extremely unlucky to see a Kobo device running this firmware.

Other than that, the Kobo Aura ONE or H2O Edition 2 fit your requirements.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote