View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Smile Dictionary for Sony PRS500/5 (autorun from SD card) with onscreen keyboard

Hi!
Like llasram, I've been busy with obelix' autorun solution:
Here is the second edition of DictioLauncher 0.7b.

*** There is a NEWLY altered versions "...7b" by =X= that's fit for larger dictionary files (=> quicker search!!!) on page 4, post #59, of this thread.
AND: there is an even NEWER version by lisak, posted on page 5 /#64, link at bottom here, that has completely rewritten code; I assume improved one (w/o having looked at it...) ***

These are the new 0.7b features:
– Found explanations for your search word are now separated correctly.
– The "Choose Dictionary" button lets you change the dictionary from the UI (your choice is saved in "dict.dat").
– Expressions that consist of several words (e.g. "New York") are displayed now completely in the "first" line; "space" can be input from keyboard.
ATTENTION: This means that in your dictionary the search word HAS to have TWO SPACES before the explanation !!! Otherwise NO WORD will be found ...

Here are the features from 0.5:
– Dictionaries can be accessed without closing your current book: by inserting the SD card the launcher just "appears" and will "disappear" after use.
– Your dictionary must be a simple ".txt" file !!!
– You can search for any word using the onscreen keyboard (use buttons 0 to 9).
– Get at different keyboard rows with "cursor-up/down" ("left/right" for model 505).
. .(It's enough to type the first letters of a word: the whole word will be displayed...)
– The "arrow" key removes letters from your input word one-by-one.
– Translation/search starts by pressing "ENTER" – To quit application press "MENU" or pull SD card out.
– The previous/next line (= word) will be displayed by pressing <page up/down> or <cursor left/right> (again: <up/down> for model 505).

DictioLauncher will check your input word against the first word of each line of your text file.
Search time varies from zero ("a...") to "quite some time" (> 3 s for "z..." in a 12,000-lines-file).

=================================================
– Included are three example dictionary files (French, Italian, Spanish; from www.freedict.com). Version 0.5 needs to have the dictionary file renamed to "dictionary.txt" and put into "software".
(Actually I found those files from freedict.com at http://www.wordgumbo.com/index.htm which has a MUCH broader assortment...)
– BUT - you may use *ANY* text file you have/find (thesaurus, to-do-list, etc.)
– Go and find dictionary files for any language you need.
– Your text file should be saved as UTF-8. Sony PRS-500/5 seems to get a "hangover" if confronted with characters like á, è, ß or even ö (o-umlaut)...
(Also the eReader does *not* like "-, *, /" at the beginning of a line while searching your input .)
=================================================

To install, extract the zip file and put "Sony Reader" onto your SD card (root); if you use version 0.5 place one of the dictionaries into "software" and rename it to "dictionary.txt".

The second attachment ("...505_SP1.zip") is especially and only for models prs-505. Its bigger size is due to an alternative keyboard layout (both are "landscape", the alternative one has letters rotated 90°; the application's windows are portrait, though...).
The third attachment is ONLY for models 500 !!!

... the fourth one ONLY for 505'ers ...
... just like the NEW fifth attachment:
an "add-on" feature for models prs505:
it's another alternative keyboard layout (suggested by spooky69).
With this one letters are organized in an A-Z order (abc/def/ghi/...) which may suit 505-owners better, I assume. It wasn't too much work, so I just post it here as a "Service Pack 1" for 505ers!
But be aware that this totally different layout needs an (only marginally) changed "autorun.js" file (included); whenever you decide to swap layouts (back) you'll have to swap "autoruns", too...

*** ATTENTION ***
PLEASE SEE MY "ORIGINAL" SOFTWARE BELOW AS A PRIMITIVE FIRST CONCEPT OF WHAT HAS LATER ON BEEN DEVELOPED BY lisak AND OTHERS!
MY VERSIONS WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED ANY LONGER OFFICIALLY (BUT I WILL ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THEM...)
An improved version: lisak rewrote my "old" code - see #64 on p.5 or the link below.

Link to lisak's version "Page 5 (Goto Post #64...)"

... NEWER version "dictioLaunchX.87" on page 7, post #99 ... VERY interesting "addon" by = X = page 9, post #125 !!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DictioLauncher05.zip (392.6 KB, 54826 views)
File Type: zip DictioLauncher05_505_SP1.zip (544.3 KB, 2017 views)
File Type: zip DictioLaunch07b_prs500.zip (413.6 KB, 1688 views)
File Type: zip DictioLaunch07b_prs505.zip (552.7 KB, 2778 views)
File Type: zip DictioLaunch07_505_SP1.zip (81.1 KB, 2215 views)

Last edited by Clemenseken; 11-05-2009 at 03:25 AM. Reason: As I continually added information to this first post of the thread, I now threw out some lines that are no longer needed IMH
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote