View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #1158
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Just to add a bit more anecdotal info... I also have been manually removing page-map.xml files from epubs for several years. It all started in my Sony PRS-xxx days when, as far as I can remember, the Sony wouldn't turn pages properly when one of these little ******s was present.

I don't see them very often but I've continued to remove them ever since. I don't think I've ever tried one on a Kobo to see if the Kobo Adobe software dealt with them any better than the Sony Adobe software did.

I guess some might see this removal as an act of 'epub vandalism' but, personally, I've never seen much use for "real"page numbers in fiction books. As long as ADE's 'fake' page numbers give me a feel for whether the book is short/medium/long and they're also consistent between ADE on Sony/Kobo and Android that's always been good enough for me.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote