View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 08:00 AM   #64
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Things are chugging along. I'm slightly ahead in that I've started the books I need to be reading in March: history, GR want-to-reads and book club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Most disappointing for me is the anemic quality of the books I've read. Nothing better than three stars and my overall rating is 2.7 according to Goodreads. I will be a while digging myself out of this hole and boosting it to the 3.2 to 3.3 range, which is where I'd like to be.
This problem is being addressed. I'm reading better books so my average rating is now over three stars (if just barely), even if I did finish a two-star stinker yesterday.

But, warning, warning! From a month ago:

Quote:
I'm on target with my goals, if only just. I need to get a doorstopper started one of these days, but that situation hasn't reached the critical stage.
Hmm. Still not critical, but it's getting there. My overall problem is that I seem to be pretty fully scheduled* with my other goals and the opening hasn't happened. I'll note that I usually read a baseball book during spring training and it seems that it isn't happening this year.

*This is absurd, of course. There's still enough give in my reading; however, since the book club is doing Dickens for March I don't feel starting another Victorian-era novel concurrently. And baseball is long; I can get to a book eventually.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote